Benny has held technology and business positions within various industries including product and project management pertaining to Internet technologies and Course Management Systems.
Benny’s background includes present and past experiences with the following companies, in varied positions and professional capacities including: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prudential Insurance Company, Website Pros.com and Jacksonville Jaguars.
Benny, holds an MBA with emphasis in entrepreneurism and is passionate about technology, marketing, financial and wellness strategies. Benny is currently researching search engine marketing methodologies and best practices as it combines the all of his passions.
Benny is pursuing a Search Engine Marketing certification with Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO) and is certified by WebCEO, to provide the following services: search engine optimization, social media optimizaion, web analytics, email marketing, and affiliate marketing services.
Benny is a a strategic thinker and team player with more than 7 years of corporate and higher education work experience in internet technologies, project management, product management, and knowledge management, methodologies and technologies.
Benny is articulate and imaginative, a good listener, an effective group worker who will not go against the grain, manage my work effectively, quick thinking, exhibit leadership qualities, value knowledge and efficiency, set high standards for performance and apply them to myself, calm-collected-analytical, creative and resourceful.
Benny has consistently proven the ability to produce results in all positions undertaken and his diverse business and technical experience has helped him develop strong written communication, presentation, interpersonal and community relations skills.
Benny has leadership and team-building skills, coupled with the ability to direct customer focused teams and he is skilled at consulting with customers to delineate and analyze their business requirements and processes in order to develop business solutions in support of their strategic planning goals.
Teaching & Learning
The Teaching Mission
Teaching is a mission that has its rewards and challenges and educators are in a unique position to teach students how to deal with their course work, but obstacles and life in general. I believe that teachers individually and collectively can not only change the world, but also improve it, and in the process find personal and professional reward.
What is a Good Education
A good education is not one-size fits all pedagogy, as it should be flexible and creative to meet the needs of the student. A good education should not be solely lecture based but use a variety of instructional technologies, presentation software, smart classroom, online and distance learning to transform learning and educational processes making learning accessible and accommodating to students with different learning styles. A good education should involve teachers acting as facilitators or coaches, using classroom presentations, individual instruction or hands-on-training to help students learn and apply concepts.
Passion for Learning
Benny has a love for learning and collaborating with others who love to learn. Benny believes that education is perhaps the most important function performed in our culture, or for that matter, any culture. When everything else fails, the passion will get you through and ultimately determine your success or failure in the endeavor.
Benny is an adjunct instructor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, where he facilitates instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course, responds to student questions, participates in the college’s assessment process and validates learning has taken place. Benny teaches the following courses: CSCI-109 (Introduction to Computer Applications), and FACD 700/700L (Instructional Use of Blackboard with Lab). As the instructor of the ‘Instructional Use of Blackboard with Lab’ course, Benny ensures fellow adjuncts understand the course management system features and their instructional use, including following best practices in course preparation and delivery.
Technologist & Wellness Advocate
Benny Jones Jr., MBA, CSEM, CIM holds an MBA with emphasis in entrepreneurism and is passionate about technology, marketing, financial and wellness strategies. Benny is currently researching search engine marketing methodologies and best practices as it combines all of his passions. Benny works at a major university as a Web Producer in the state of the Florida where he facilitates technical and content objectives for assigned projects. He is responsible for scoping projects, communicating with customers and managing projects from inception through completion. Moreover, he ensures that all documents meet established content standards and works with developers to assess any technical challenges.
Benny earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Florida in Exercise and Sport Science. During his tenure he performed over 1500 hours of personal fitness assessments and consultations where he gained extensive experience in nutrition counseling, exercise prescription and assessment. Benny specializes in strength conditioning training, program design, personal training, and nutrition counseling. Benny believes a well balanced wellness program should encompass a flexibility, strength, balanced clean diet, and proper rest.
- A fitness assessment is a series of measurements that help determine physical fitness and is performed to assess current fitness levels, identify training needs, select and determine program design, evaluate the success of the program in achieving its objective, motivate participants – tests include:
- 3 & 7 Site Body Composition (Fat) Measuresment
- Cardiovascular Assesment: 3 minute step or Cycle ergometer submaximal test
- Flexibility: Sit & Reach
- Muscular Strength & Endurance Test: Push-ups (1-min), Crunches (1-min), Leg press (1-rep max)
- A health assessment review medical history prior to exercise to assess medical contraindications to exercise, need for medically supervised exercise, special populations and other needs – using the following screening tools:
- PAR-Q – The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
- Education: Jones International University, Master of Business Administration (MBA) Entreprenuerism, 2005; University of Florida, BS Exercise & Sport Science, 1994
- Professional Interests: IM, SEO, SMO, W20, PM, PKM, & Wellness
- Social Organizations: Phi Kappa Tau
- Groups & Associations: Inbound Marketers, Intuit Quickbas Network, JIU Alumni Network, UF Alumni Network, Phi Kappa Tau Alumni Network, Search Engine Strategies, Technology Using Professors, WebCEO, WOMMA University 2009, Inside Stompernet, DoDDs Schools, Web Anlytics World
- Other Interests: Wellness Activities, Traveling, Racing, Reading
- Travels: Philippines, Japan, Korea, Germany, Netherlands, Turkey, Alaska, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, Jaimaca, Grand Cayman, Costa Rica
- Other notable: Walk-on, University of Florida Football Team, 1991